Welcome to the family! We are grateful to you for sharing your precious time and talents to help create wonderful experiences and interactions with other Dragonsteel fans.
While volunteering you may be asked to take on a wide variety of tasks critical to the success of our mission, including things like shipping orders, organizing products, or contributing to publicity events. Without your help, we would not be able to connect with so many dedicated readers.
The following Volunteer Agreement is to help keep everyone on the same page. The document includes a liability paragraph that states you won’t hold Dragonsteel Books liable for any injuries sustained while you are volunteering and that you understand you are not an employee and can control when and how often you choose to volunteer. The agreement also contains a promise that if you learn any sensitive information or business secrets you won’t reveal them or discuss them outside of the warehouse or workspace.
We greatly appreciate your generosity. Thank you for your willingness to help further the ideals of Dragonsteel Books!
Our best to you!
DRAGONSTEEL EVENT AND SERVICE ACTIVITY VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
- Personal Information: I hereby represent that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or I have parental permission and Dragonsteel approval and (ii) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in Dragonsteel Events. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to volunteer at the Events and that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being at all times and under all circumstances while attending Dragonsteel Events.
- Independent Contractor Status: I understand that If I am accepted as a volunteer for Events, I am not an employee of Dragonsteel but an independent contractor. I will not be entitled to any compensation for my volunteer services, including salary or wages, and I will not be entitled to any benefits from Dragonsteel.
- Volunteer Status: I understand and agree that no particular assignment or schedule or hours of service are required or guaranteed for the volunteer work I will perform for Dragonsteel, that Dragonsteel may determine at any time that it no longer needs such volunteer services performed, and that I may decide at any time to end my volunteer activities for Dragonsteel. Consequently, I control the dates and times when I volunteer, and Dragonsteel is not responsible for scheduling my volunteer work. I also understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits—including employment insurance benefits—upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this volunteer service.
Volunteer Service Description: Volunteer services may include but are not limited to:
- preparing customer orders
- lifting heavy items
- interacting with patrons and fans at Events, and
- other assignments as directed by the Dragonsteel business manager
- Assumption of Responsibility: I further understand that Dragonsteel assumes no responsibility or liability for my safety or for the consequences of my activities.
- Personal Liability: I further understand that if I am responsible for injuries to third parties or damages to their property while acting outside the scope of my voluntarily accepted volunteer duties, I may be held personally liable for any monetary damages a court may award to the injured party.
- No Workers’ Compensation Coverage: I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF THESE EVENTS, I AM NOT COVERED BY DRAGONSTEEL’S WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM. I authorize Dragonsteel to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident, or illness arising from my involvement as a volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness, or injury.
- Limited Likeness License and Release: As a condition of my participation in Dragonsteel Events, I hereby grant Dragonsteel a limited license to use my name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, video, and other information (collectively “Likeness”) in any media platform or format whatsoever, and to distribute, broadcast, and exhibit these without charge, restriction, or liability, but only for the purposes of advertising or promotion. The foregoing grant, however, does not constitute consent for Dragonsteel or any third party to use my Likeness in an endorsement of any product or service without my specific written consent. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above release.
- Confidentiality Agreement: In connection with Events, Dragonsteel may disclose to me or I may otherwise receive access to confidential information. I will not use this confidential information for any purpose other than these Events and will not disclose or permit access to the confidential information to anyone other than Dragonsteel. Confidential information is non-public information relating to Dragonsteel, including but not limited to: business and financial records, customer lists, employee/volunteer lists, intellectual property, unreleased storylines or plots, unreleased character information, unreleased drafts, unreleased proofs, release schedules, future books or derivative works (e.g., movies), proprietary data, security measures, new products, publications or services, forecasts, or any other proprietary business information that, if disclosed, could affect the business of Dragonsteel. I understand that breach of this paragraph will cause Dragonsteel irreparable harm.
- Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy: Dragonsteel is friendly to all fans! Please be respectful to those of all ages while participating in Events. We do not allow any kind of discriminatory behavior, harassment, or victimization toward patrons, customers, exhibitors, employees, or other Dragonsteel colleagues. Do not abuse, defame, harass, threaten, intimidate, or stalk others while serving as a Dragonsteel volunteer. Comments that contain content endorsing hatred or violence on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexuality, or for any other reason are not acceptable. We expect volunteers to foster a well-organized, professional, respectful, and collaborative environment.
- Covenant Not to Sue and Liability Waiver: I hereby release, waive, and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the following parties: Dragonsteel, its members, managers, employees, independent contractors, and attendees; the Events directors, host facilities, venue, and property owners or operators upon which the Events take place; and any other organizers, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, coaches, and officials for Events; law enforcement agencies and other public entities providing support for Events; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees, and volunteers (Individually and collectively, “Released Parties”) with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss, or expense (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) that may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to my participation in Events, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities that may be incurred as the result of such claim.
- COVID-19 Acceptance of Risk: I acknowledge that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, participation in group activities poses certain health risks and I agree to accept such risks and hold blameless and indemnify Dragonsteel against loss in the event of Covid-19 infection. Additionally, I agree that Dragonsteel may immediately dismiss me should I present symptoms consistent with Covid-19.
- Governing Document: This Agreement shall govern my participation in any and all Events for which I volunteer on behalf of Dragonsteel from the date of my execution hereof until cancelled either by me or Dragonsteel in writing.
- Entire Understanding Clause: This Agreement constitutes the final, complete, and exclusive agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreement, either written or oral. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Choice of Court. I acknowledge and agree that any disputes, including any legal action, arising out of my volunteering at Dragonsteel Events shall be brought solely and exclusively in the courts of Utah County, Utah, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah. I submit myself to the jurisdiction of such courts for all such purposes.
Last Updated: 07 Jun 2022